Buying a Home
Buying a home is an exciting milestone. Buying your second home is even better – especially at the beach! Understanding the process and having a knowledgeable professional by your side will ensure the transaction is smooth, organized and enjoyable.
The process in purchasing a second home differs slightly from buying a primary residence. The Gulf Coast area is an attractive and competitive market for second homes and investment properties and our team is seasoned in navigating matters including:
- Do you prefer a single-family residence or a condo? Depending on your lifestyle expectations and the community you choose along the Gulf Coast, there are some factors that you should consider.
- Insurance: Living in a coastal area requires knowledge of specific insurance needs based on the location of your home.
- Flood Zones: Our team ensures you are property educated on the zoning for each home you are considering. You can make an informed decision on buying a home in flood zone and how you can feel safe and prepared in your purchase.
- Do you want to put your home on the market to be a short-term vacation rental? If so, there are numerous stipulations that should play a role in your search and purchase.
- If you do want to place your home in the rental market, a Premier Property Group agent can guide you through the selection process for a property management group. Our team is familiar with numerous companies in town and will ensure you and your investment are taken care of!
- What type of coastal life do you envision? Each community has its own vibe and your agent will be able to guide you into the perfect neighborhood that suits your needs, spirit and hobbies.
Basic Steps to Home Buying
When you are ready to begin the process of purchasing your new home, keep the following steps in mind:
PREPARE. Assess Financial Situation > Get Pre-Approval > Find an Agent
SEARCH. Establish Your Expectations > View Listings
THE OFFER. Make an Offer > Negotiate > Go Under Contract
CONTRACT TO CLOSE. Inspect the Home > Tie Up Loose Ends
CLOSING. Finalize Closing Details > Sign the Papers > Celebrate your new home!
Connect with a PPG Agent
*Your information will never be shared with any third party.